With the need for attraction and recruitment of a supplement of more than 500 scientists with a doctorate degree in the next 5 years, VNU my consider employing scientists in all specialty and interdisciplinary sectors, including:
- Natural Sciences and Life – Medicine and Pharmacy;
- Social Sciences and Humanities – Economics – Law – Education – Foreign Languages;
- Engineering – Technology Sciences;
- Interdisciplinary sciences.
VNU prefers recruitment of resources for basic research programs; applied research programs; development of programs on new training, pilot training, and high-quality training. Priority of exceptional qualification without examination is available for scientists with a doctorate degree, capacity of teaching and scientific research, and university administration in order to strengthen the potential and organization development, such as:
- Big universities: University of Science, University of Social Sciences and Humanities, and University of Languages and International Studies need to supplement scientists for development of new training programs and research groups, and enhancement of the capacity of international announcement and technology transfer, etc.
- Universities with a high growth rate: University of Economics and Business, University of Engineering and Technology, and University of Education need to supplement scientists in order to ensure human resource quality, especially human resource for programs on high-quality training, international training, post-graduate training, and scientific research;
- Newly established universities, units in the progress to upgrade to a University or Research institute, such as: Vietnam – Japan University – with missions of development of new training programs with international quality, and research for application of advanced scientific and technological products with high integration of the technologies that VNU and Japanese have advantages; University of Law, International University, Institute of Natural Resources and Environment, Tran Nhan Tong Institute, Institute for Education Quality Assurance/Center for Education Quality Verification, and International Francophone Institute need to supplement a huge quantities of human resource for development and integration.
- To strengthen capacity of research and science and technology transfer of member Institute researches such as Institute of Vietnamese Studies & Development Sciences (in which human resource is preferentially focused on Center for Hanoi Studies and Capital Development), Information Technology Institute, Institute of Microbiology and Biotechnology.
In addition, VNU need to employ and attract management cadres and specialists with capacity and years of experience in working at university education, science and technology facilities.
VNU applies in parallel two forms of recruitment, including:
- Recruitment via examination batches as stipulated by Ministry of Home Affairs. Units shall publish their recruitment need and plan on their respective websites, VNU’s website, and mass media.
- Batch recruitment applied to the form of exceptional qualification for scientists with a doctorate degree or higher, with priority given to scientists with experience and achievements in teaching and scientific research.